The role as a Foreman for Rowan Electric is leading and monitoring installations while ensuring work is performed according to Rowan Electric standards and specific project specifications. Foreman must work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or the customer managing the project, project schedules and employees. A Foreman is responsible for maintaining productivity, quality control, labor cost, scheduling, safety, and acquisition of materials and any other activities that impact the success of completing a project. When necessary, the Foreman should be able to perform “hands on/; installation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ELECTRICAL FOREMAN:
- Achieve Rowan Electric productivity objectives by effectively managing and assigning tasks to crew members, while maintaining an accurate labor tracking log.
- Manage purchase orders and ensure ordered materials are received while adhering to bulk buy materials procedures.
- Adhere to project contract document changes and any Rowan Electric changes order along with Work Authorizations from Customer.
- Fully utilize prefabrication and company-wide installation methods and policies.
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to preform required work.
- Equip General Superintendent with enough notice of any crew changes utilizing a Three Week Look ahead protocol.
- Utilize a proactive and customer service approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues. Address the problem with a solution.
- Ensure crew members start and finish work shift on time; Maintain proper meal/break times as per Employee Handbook and as legally required per California DIR labor laws and regulations.
- Conduct effective performance evaluations of crew members.
- Maintain complete and accurate “as-builts” as per Rowan Electric procedures and project requirements.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc. All while maintaining Rowan Electrics Mission Statement
- Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, county, local codes and contract documents.
- Adhere to all Rowan Electric policies and procedures (Rowan SOP and Handbook).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tangible and intangible talents to lead, instruct and motivate a team.
- A minimum of 4 years of field experience working as a Journeyman Electrician.
- Must hold and maintain a current California State General Electrician Certification,
- Demonstrate ability to effectively order and track materials, perform labor projections and develop “as-builts”.
- Strong, first-hand knowledge and experience related to scheduling, material lead times, product knowledge and installation durations.
- Solid understanding of the electrical codes and installation methods.
- Well-versed in the installation of power systems: lighting, fire protection, security and data networks.
- Comfortable utilizing Electrical Single Line blueprints.
- Experience in verifying the compliance and functionality of installations.
- Knowledgeable in the identification and repair of faults in electrical apparatus and circuits.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a high stress environment and maintain clear focus on the overall objective of providing a high level of Customer Service.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK ENVIRONMENT OF ELECTRICAL FOREMAN:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (minimum requirements as follows):
- Lift 50lbs from the ground and pull 50lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise levels
- High Levels of Stress
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed of an Electrical Foreman. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is subject to the individual maintaining a current California State General Electrician Certification.
Apply online at: https://rowanelectric.com/employment-inquiries/
Primary Location: CA- San Diego (Carlsbad)
Schedule: Full Time