Function as an Electrician Trainee, under a certified Journeyman Electrician of Rowan Electric. Assist electricians with installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state and local electrical codes along with all Rowan Electrics policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential locations. Be registered and attend school with a Local Apprenticeship Program (4-year program).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the installation, repair, maintenance and testing of commercial, industrial, and residential electrical systems.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools, under supervision
- Assist the Journeyman Electrician with measuring, cutting, bending, threading and installing wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems
- Assist the Journeyman Electrician with wires and cables within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switchboards, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Work with an Electrician to splice and terminate wires at junction points
- Duties include cleanup, gathering and transporting materials to crew on the construction site
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members
- Demonstrate a level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors in accordance with the Rowan Electric Mission Statement.
- Adhere to all Rowan Electric’s safety policies and procedures per handbook and IIPP.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (Dependent on level of completion):
- Currently an Electrician Trainee, enrolled or working on enrollment in an approved Electrical Trainee program (in accordance with the applicable state regulations)
- Knowledge of electrical theory, basic circuits, branch circuits and specialty systems
- Knowledge of three-phase transformers, conductors and wiring methods
- The ability to read and understand electrical single line and construction blueprints
- Familiar with aspects of operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems
- Knowledge of tools and equipment and how to safely use them
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Demands: Without concern for injury, reinjure or strain, you must have the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50lbs from ground and pull 50lbs of force
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25lb tool belt
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms at various heights
Working Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to:
- A variety of weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, heat, etc.
- High noise volumes
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual’s completion or enrollment in an approved Electrician Trainee program.
Rowan Electric is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location: General area San Diego, CA.
Job: Electrical Trainee
Apply online at: https://rowanelectric.com/employment-inquiries/