Function as an Electrician/Journeyman Wireman for Rowan Electric; installing new electrical systems and repairing existing electrical systems while maintaining compliance with national, state and local electrical codes along with all Rowan Electric policies and procedures. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional and residential locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Install, repair, maintain, and test commercial, industrial and residential electrical systems in full support of Rowan Electric safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems, and other wire raceway systems
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawings
- Use sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees
- Follow lead and instruction of superior (Superintendent, Foreman or Project Management).
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Foreman and crew members
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all Rowan Electric productivity and quality objectives are met
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors
- Adhere to all Rowan Electric’s safety policies and procedures
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must hold and maintain a current California State General Electrician Certification,
- Experience using Electrical Single Line blueprints
- Experience finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits
- Ability to verify compliance and functionality of installations in accordance with the National Electrical Code and Project Specifications.
- Experience helping with the management of a project and crew
- Ability to manage material estimates as provided to your Foreman
- Demonstrate leadership and pre-planning abilities
- Must have a working knowledge of Personal Protection Equipment and a willingness to personally use it as well as require subordinates’ use.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Without concern for injury, reinjure or strain, you must have the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50lbs from ground and pull 50lbs of force
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit pulling
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25lb tool belt
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires
- Work off of ladders, man lifts or reach booms
This section reflects the physical activities that most people working in this occupation engage in during the course of a workday. However, these occupations often can be performed by those with disabilities and appropriate adaptations.
- May work either inside or outside in any weather (cold, rain, heat)
- Work may be noisy, cramped, dirty and poorly ventilated.
- Hazards include risk of electrical shock and other work-site accidents
- 40-hour workweek is normal; however, if offered, working overtime is expected. Electricians may work nights, weekends, on-call, or on emergencies.
- Medium physical demands require lifting of 25lbs or less and occasionally lifting up to 120lbs.
- Must have use of feet, legs, hands and arms to climb and/or balance on scaffolding or ladders
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, sometimes in cramped and awkward positioning
- Must have use of arms, hands and fingers to reach, handle and feel cable, wires, tools, and other equipment
- Must be able to see and hear, or have corrected vision, both close and distant, or hearing aid
- Must be able to distinguish color coded wires
- Must be able to adjust focus and use peripheral vision and depth perception
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employment is contingent upon the individual maintaining a current Journeyman Wireman License (if required by the applicable state, city, or county).
Rowan Electric is an equal opportunity employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Primary Location: CA-San Diego (Carlsbad)
Apply online at: https://rowanelectric.com/employment-inquiries/